Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Let's Do Lunch?

I had this entire few paragraphs typed out about how I'm going to go to see the filming of this movie in Boston. They've got Martin Scorcese and Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio and my personal favorite, Jack Nicholson, in town for the next three weeks to do some filming on location. I was going to go to see Jack Nicholson act in person, but then I realized that would be a gargantuan disappointment because about a zillion other people have the same exact idea. So, instead, I'm going to go watch the zillion other people watch Jack Nicholson. My bet is about half of them are there to meet the actors, so I'm wondering how they'll react when they realize their dreams of becoming best friends with Matt, Leo, and Jack are going to fail miserably. Larry David, on Curb Your Enthusiasm, had this whole routine about this kind of thing. On an episode a while back, his neighbor wanted to meet Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, and Larry was like, "Why? Does he think that she'll invite him to lunch and they'll be best friends?!" And you know, that's the truth. If you meet a famous person, that famous person doesn't care, so why do people still go out of their way just to meet someone like Matt Damon or Leonardo DiCaprio? Do they really think Leo's gonna be like, "Oh, my supermodel girlfriend Gisele? I don't need her. I'll take this average dumpy person instead who probably has a great personality."

Umm, no.

Anyway, so I'm going to go and report back on what these people are doing and seeing how they think they're gonna rope one of these guys into being their friend/torrid love affair/husband. I'm just curious which girls think they're Angelina Jolie in a Target tube top. Just for kicks.