Saturday, February 26, 2005

Real Quick: Moment of Despair

I just had this mment of complete despair, which reminded me of my patheticness. I was sitting on my bed, which is on those rackraisers so it's high up, and I was looking up stuff on the internet, watching the UConn-Pitt game (2:35 to go UConn 66, Pitt 63) and I needed to turn up the volume. I looked around for the remote control and ... there it was, across the room from me. Absolutely no way to get to the remote from my position, from stretching to my bed's furthest point, from balancing myself using the desk or shelf next to me. Nope. I would have to get up, walk about 1.5 feet, and get the remote. And when I realized it, at that moment, it was just despair.

It's pathetic, when you think about it.

Actually, you don't even have to think about it.