Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Brotherly Love

I was talking to my brother tonight. "Hey, I've got an idea," he said.

"Yeah?"

"You should write an entry about all the bad pictures you've taken."

(Silence)

"I mean, remember that eighth grade picture you took? You should definitely write about that one!"

(More silence)

"Don't you think that would be funny? Remember how they made you say 'peaches' and your face got all screwed up?"

"Right."

"No, don't you remember that?"

"Yes."

"Wasn't it funny?"

"No."

"Oh. But don't you think that would be just great?!" (Laugh laugh laugh) "I mean, you could write about that one, and all the others... like everyone has their bad pictures, but you had, like, tons of them. You could write all about all of yours. Isn't that a good idea?"

"Oh yes, it's a great idea."

"Cool! I came up with such a great idea!"

"Yeah. Remember the time the camera actually REJECTED me?"

"What?"

"Nevermind."

"So you'll write about it?"

"Oh yes."

"Great!"

"Great."