Monday, December 05, 2005

Merry F'in Christmas

Something disturbing happened to me last week. My wicked nice agenda book got stolen. I left it at a table with a pile of my notes in a coffee shop for literally two minutes, when I went to get some napkins. I came back, and it was gone - with my notes. I went over to the counter, to ask if the girl had seen anyone take anything. She said that someone had just given her a pile of notes, but that was it. This crime doesn't even make sense to me. What moron would grab an agenda book? Granted, as my mom said, it looks like a big wallet. Okay. But why would you also take my notes? Wouldn't you just take my book? Why would you risk handing off the notes to the person behind the counter? I have no idea, seriously. I'd like to just meet the person so I can ask these questions.

Also, I'd like to punch them in the face because they stole my agenda book, which was like this expensive binder thing I got for my birthday and it had some Gap coupons in it.

And you know, what am I going to do about it? The girl behind the counter was like, "Do you want me to call the police?" Yeah, go ahead. I'm sure Boston police are going to want to track down a leather agenda book with $15 in cash and $20 in Gap coupons and some random pictures. That sounds like a good way to spend their time.

The lesson from all of this isn't good, or suprising, really. The world is full of mean people. And morons.

Christmas spirit my ass.