Sunday, November 28, 2004

Real Quick

- In the movie "Shall We Dance," (don't ask) they show Jennifer Lopez's character as a kid, and as a kid, I guess Jennifer Lopez was fat and Asian. Who knew?!

- In the same movie (and every other movie he is in), Richard Gere did his grating "let me whisper and act like I'm about to cry" voice whenever anything remotely serious happened. For instance, someone asked Richard Gere's character how the weather was. "Rainy," he said, in this awful, downcast raspy whisper, like it was the end of the world or something. Somebody has to stop him. He does it in every stupid movie he's in, and every stupid time I want to rip my ears off. It's gotten so bad that he even beats out Drew Barrymore and Leelee Sobieski for most annoying screen presence.

Okay so maybe not Leelee. But beating out Drew and her lispy half-smile is no easy feat.

- I have to make another away message plea. Can we please put in a petition to end the "love you baby" additions to away messages? Yes, you can be taking a test, studying, eating, going shopping, relacing your tennis shoes, AND loving your most wonderful boyfriend 4eva and eva, but no, nobody really cares.

About any of it, to be honest.

- Remember yearbook inscriptions? Kids nowadays are out of control with their abbreviations. Everything is written for short, so that you can't read a freakin thing when you try to snoop through your little brother's yearbook. Completely indecipherable. I can't get over this one: HAGS. It's short for "have a good summer," which I found out a few years ago. Here is a classic: HAGS & KIT :) We R BFFAEAE (Keep in Touch :) We are Best Friends Forever and Ever and Ever). GMAB & CTS.

(Give me a break and cut the shit.)

That's it. Told you it'd be a quick one.